[Mapserver-users] tip for frustrated debianers

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Aug 25 17:02:39 EDT 2003

Till Adams wrote:

> So we added "/usr/lib" and "/lib" to the file "/etc/ld.so.conf" and run
> "/sbin/ldconfig" but nothing happended. Somewhere on this brillant list
> we found a hint from Daniel Morissette to add "/usr/local/bin" although
> there are definetely no libaries linked to.
> Anyway: We added the path "/usr/local/bin" to ld.so.conf and reran
> "/sbin/ldconfig" and now everything works fine ...

Uh?  Did I ever suggest /usr/local/bin to the libpath?

... doing a list archive search ...

Duh!  Yes, I did write that in an email to the list on Sept 10, 2001,
but it was a typo.  I really meant /usr/local/lib.

I can't see any reason why adding /usr/local/bin to the ld.so.conf would
make any difference when this directory doesn't contain any .so file.
However if you haven't tried adding /usr/local/lib to your ld.so.conf
yet then you should probably try it.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca