[Mapserver-users] Freetype problem

Danny Bisson progigraph.vd at cablevision.qc.ca
Mon Aug 25 11:04:53 EDT 2003

Hi,

Since  we're trying to use Mapserver version 4.0, we have the following
error message:

msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font

It seems like mapserver finds the fonts.list file but it's not able to open
the font itself.  I tried with an alias in the configuration file in Apache
and it doesn't work either.  I used the precompiled version of mapserver.
It should manage the truetype itself, I think.

>From our point of view, everything should be ok; the fonts.list file contains:

arial  arial.ttf

and arial.ttf is in the same directory as fonts.list

I tried with the full path in the fonts.list  and it didn't work either.

I put in the .map file the line containing FONTSET.  I tried with relative
path and with full path.

Everything was OK with version 3.5

Note: We're running Mapserver on Windows 2000.  I want to have my fonts one
directory before the .map file in a directory called "fonts"

Can you give me some examples.

Thanks

Danny