[Mapserver-users] Best Path & Best Path Length?

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Aug 25 12:13:37 EDT 2003

David,

What you are looking for is routing. Mapserver does not do this
although there are various people working at doing this on the side.
If you want to google for this try "shortest path algorithm" also
search the list archives for "routing"

In addition to Routing, you will also need Geocoding, the ability to
turn and address into a lat/long or appropriate road segment that the
router can use for the start and end points.

I have some demos working on my site at:
   http://imaptools.com/
You will find some other site list in the archives.

-Steve