[Mapserver-users] newbee-questions: clients, data access, dynamic layers, cascading servers

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de
Wed Aug 27 08:36:10 EDT 2003

Hello,

we're new to MapServer and web-gis-applications and need some input on
"getting started".

1.) What are common open-source web-gis-clients? We just want to check
some alternatives.

2.) Is it possible to retrieve data from a SQL-Database (Oracle, SQL
Server, Sybase ASA) with MapServer? If so, are there any how-to's or
tutorials?

3.) Can I create dynamic layers from the data retrieved with 2.)?

4.) Is it possible to build a MapServer-configuration which serves
dynamic content (generated with 2. and 3.) to other OGC-WMS-Servers?

Any hints would be welcome.

TIA,

Frieso ter Haseborg
- Software Development -