[Mapserver-users] SDE point query with version 4.0

Liz Godwin godwinl at agr.gc.ca
Thu Aug 28 15:00:02 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade a simple application to the new version of
Mapserver (4.0) and I am running into an error I haven't seen before,
and haven't been able to sort out.

"msSDELayerWhichShapes(): SDE error. SE_shape_generate_rectangle(): The
number of points is less than required for feature. (-148)"

I get the same error with or without my template file.  My mapfile is
referencing only SDE layers.  The error only occurs when I am trying to
query a layer, not when I'm just navigating around the map.

The application queries  fine if I point to Mapserver 3.6 instead.

Has anyone had any luck in upgrading sites using SDE that might have a
clue into where I should poke?  Thanks!!

Liz Godwin