[Mapserver-users] on the fly layer painting / theme selection

Jerrad Pierce belg4mit at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 28 16:48:58 EDT 2003

Hello, I have a question and was unable to find an answer in the archives,
OGR tutorial or wiki. I'm working on map that will have many many layers
and themes each representing a different attribute. I wish to allow the user
to select how many and whichever sources they want. The problem is, it seems
nearly impossible to come up with an adequate color/theme system to allow for
this, particularly since many objects will be reperesented in multiple layers
and themes. So I thought I'd let the user define the color of each layer on
the fly as well (I'll try to provide a smart default but allow them to
override it if necessary for clarity). However, there doesn't seem to be
anyway to do this, it looks like the colors have to be hardcoded in the MAP
file? Did I overlook anything, is this possible?

TIA JP
--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8