[Mapserver-users] on the fly layer painting / theme selection

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Fri Aug 29 09:45:44 EDT 2003

You can set the color for a layer.  Here's a link on how to do it using
CGI mapserver 3.6
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/cgi-reference.html#mapfile

I'm sure that this has changed in 4.0, with the new STYLE object.

Also, with "many, many layers" using CGI to manipulate many of them at
once results in large query strings, so you might consider a mapscript
approach.