[Mapserver-users] How to ignore a non-existent layer?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 28 22:00:24 EDT 2003

pkishor_98 wrote:
> I have a mapfile with a bunch of layers and their classes defined. I
> want MapServer to NOT croak if a layer defined in the mapfile doesn't
> exist... just silently ignore it. Is there a way to do that?

If you define "-DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA" at compile time then MapServer
will silently ignore layers pointing to non existing shapefiles.

On Unix/Linux (all platforms using the configure script), this is
enabled by default and you can force MapServer to be strict using
--disable-ignore-missing-data in your configure options.

On Winows I think the default Makefile doesn't include this option by
default and you have to explicitly add -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA to the
compile flags.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca