[Mapserver-users] MapScript, JavaScript

Damian Schroder map_surfer at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 10:30:13 EST 2003

--0-492657549-1070465413=:37576

Sunil,
I went to your site and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I was impressed with your site, especially your raster manipulation and download tools. Would you mind posting your JSAction code to the lat/lon button?  I over engineered my lat/long info with a pop up window that collects all the users clicks (I hold them in a session variable), so if the user wants to copy a set of points he/she can. But, I don't like the fact that it submits each time. Everything seem to function on your site, but I might be missing exactly what your were refering to. I panned, zoomed, changed map size, changed layers, cut image and change bands, everything worked.

Damain

Rookie GIS <gisrookie at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello

We are using ROSA with mapscript for our map display. I am trying to use
JavaScript (to display Lat/Lons) using the JSAction Parameter of the ROSA
applet. Everything runs fine except that when I click on the, the button
and click on the map all the browser controls are lost. After clicking on
the map, if I try to submit a form, for some reason it does not get
submitted. Is there a way that after selecting the JSAction related
parameter I change the focus to the main window. If so can anyone please
guide me with the same.

The following is the project:
http://digital-ngp.aero.und.edu/php_sun/php_ngp/
->Click on the (info) icon and click on the map for Lat/Lon
-> Try Changing the mapsize.

Thanks
Sunil Achyut

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-492657549-1070465413=:37576

<DIV>Sunil,</DIV>
<DIV>I went to your site and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.&nbsp;I was impressed with your site, especially your raster&nbsp;manipulation and download tools. Would you mind posting your&nbsp;JSAction code to the lat/lon button? &nbsp;I over engineered my lat/long info with a pop up window that collects all the users clicks (I hold them in a session variable), so if the user wants to copy a set of points he/she can. But, I don't like the fact that it submits each time. Everything seem to function on your site, but I might be missing exactly what your were refering to. I panned, zoomed, changed map size, changed layers, cut image and change bands, everything worked.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Damain<BR><BR><B><I>Rookie GIS &lt;gisrookie at hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hello<BR><BR>We are using ROSA with mapscript for our map display. I am trying to use <BR>JavaScript (to display Lat/Lons) using the JSAction Parameter of the ROSA <BR>applet. Everything runs fine except that when I click on the, the button <BR>and click on the map all the browser controls are lost. After clicking on <BR>the map, if I try to submit a form, for some reason it does not get <BR>submitted. Is there a way that after selecting the JSAction related <BR>parameter I change the focus to the main window. If so can anyone please <BR>guide me with the same.<BR><BR>The following is the project:<BR>http://digital-ngp.aero.und.edu/php_sun/php_ngp/<BR>-&gt;Click on the (info) icon and click on the map for Lat/Lon<BR>-&gt; Try Changing the mapsize.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Sunil Achyut<BR><BR>_________________________________________________________________<BR>Take advantage of our best MSN
 Dial-up offer of the year — six months <BR>@$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup<BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Mapserver-users mailing list<BR>Mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu<BR>http://lists.gis.umn.edu/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users</BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-492657549-1070465413=:37576--