[Mapserver-users] 4.0 JOIN problem

AJackson at realtors.org AJackson at realtors.org
Thu Dec 4 17:58:58 EST 2003

I'm trying to use the JOIN object with MapServer 4.0.1  When I use the mapfile below,
I get the error

         loadClass(): Unknown Identifier.  Parsing error near (JOIN):(line ...)

If I take the JOIN object out of the class, and put it into the LAYER, I avoid the
error but the template is not called.  The join does appear to be executed,
since I can generate rate a "DBASE file error" by putting in a false field name
in either "TO" or "FROM".  Any suggestions?  Better yet, any working examples?

LAYER
  NAME "state_sel2"
  TYPE QUERY
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA "st_combined"

  FILTER "%SELECTED_STATE%"
  FILTERITEM 'STATE'
  CLASS
    NAME "sthistory"
    TEMPLATE "empty.html"
    JOIN
      NAME "state_history"
      TABLE "/var/www/html/maps/data/us_st_avg.dbf"
      TYPE SINGLE
      FROM "STYPE"
      TO "HTYPE"
      TEMPLATE "ImpactTemplates/historic_data.html"
    END
  END
END