[Mapserver-users] Repost: Oracle Spatial: A tip and a request

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 9 05:12:48 EST 2003

Hi,

building OGR with Oracle Spatial does not require different Mapserver
binaries as far as I know. This requires a different build of gdal11.dll.

It is fairly easy to compile gdal/ogr on Windows. There is a perfect
makefile for it.

I have built a binary, but it is smaller than the one delivered with
mapserver, so perhaps I am missing out on some of the other formats. But I
think this one includes Oracle Spatial support.

If you want I can give you a gdal11.dll which includes Oracle Spatial,
although ofcourse untested. You can download it from:

http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/gdal11.dll

A question to Frank Warmerdam: does compiling in Oracle Spatial support
into OGR mean only setting the ORACLE_HOME environment variable to a
Oracle client on my machine?

BTW: I would be quite interested to see a performance test on the two
options (native Mapserver Oracle Spatial / OGR Oracle Spatial). And I am
willing to provide some spare time for this. So contact me if you need
help.

Best regards,
Bart