[Mapserver-users] rendering of shapefile not correct?

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 17 06:34:55 EST 2003

Hi list,

I have a problem with Mapserver not rendering a shapefile correctly. Some
parts of lines are disappearing, but these are always the same parts.

I have put 3 images on our webserver to illustrate this problem. It is a
map of the Dutch counties, but the line areas which are "broken" (i.e.
discontinuous) are in fact also broken in the shapefile, but just for a
very small distance. In the Mapserver image this broken part is much
larger.

Mapserver image:
http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/counties_mapserver.png

Arcview screen dump:
http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/counties_arcview.png

Arcview screen dump of the "broken" part:
http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/counties_arcview_zoomin.png

Should I file a bug for this and add the shapefile, or is this already a
known issue?

Best regards,
Bart

LAYER
      DATA "Nlge_r98"
        METADATA
          WMS_TITLE "Gemeentes"
          WMS_ABSTRACT "Gemeentes via UMN Mapserver"
          WMS_SRS "EPSG:28992"
          WFS_TITLE "Gemeentes"
          RESULT_FIELDS "GEMNAAM"
        END