[Mapserver-users] Problem with labels and symbols

Johan Antonsson Johan.Antonsson at ibitec.se
Wed Dec 17 10:48:46 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm having problem displaying labels and symbols. Some of them disappear when I zoom in/out or pan and then appear again in another scale or pan position. It might have something to do with Swedish specific characters but I can't se how that would effect symbols. Another theory is that it has something to do with SYMBOLSCALE. When I change SYMBOLSCALE different labels and symbols disapear. Below are examples of how I describe my label and symbol layers.

LAYER
  NAME 'Label layer'
  GROUP 'map1'
  TILEINDEX 'tx_tileindex_t.shp'
  TILEITEM 'Location'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE annotation
  LABELANGLEITEM 'TRIKT'
  LABELITEM 'TEXT'
  MAXSCALE 50000
  SYMBOLSCALE 50000
  CLASSITEM 'KKOD'

  CLASS
     NAME 'Bebyggelse, enstaka gard, hus'
     EXPRESSION '1'
     LABEL
       ANTIALIAS true
       COLOR 0 0 0
       FONT gsdtxt
       POSITION cc
       SIZE 6
       TYPE truetype
     END # LABEL
  END  # CLASS

  # etc...
END

LAYER
  NAME 'Symbol layer'
  GROUP 'map1'
  TILEINDEX 'gs_tileindex_t.shp'
  TILEITEM 'Location'
  LABELANGLEITEM 'SRIKT'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE Annotation
  MAXSCALE 50000
  SYMBOLSCALE 50000
  CLASSITEM 'KKOD'

  CLASS
      NAME 'Triangelpunkt'
      EXPRESSION '811'
      TEXT 'E'
      LABEL
       ANTIALIAS true
       COLOR 0 0 0
       FONT gsdsymbo
       POSITION cc
       SIZE 12
       TYPE truetype
      END # LABEL
  END  # CLASS

  # etc...
END

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the cause of this behaviour? Has anyone bumped in to a similar problem?

TIA

/Johan

Johan Antonsson        johan.antonsson at ibitec.se
Ibitec AB              http://www.ibitec.se