[Mapserver-users] Empty screen with .tab file?

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Dec 17 11:12:04 EST 2003

I have done a couple of tests using php_mapscript_41.dll and tab files
and here are the results :

   - If I set a full path in the connection string (eg : CONNECTION
"c:/msapps/nfld_demo/data/nfld/Lakes.TAB") : It works fine

   - If I set a relative path (relative to the map file) in the
connection string : data/nfld/Lakes.TAB : It works fine

   - If I set a relative path (relative to the shapepath), It works
fine.  Note that this last case was corrected in the latest versions of
mapserver and does not work with the current php_mapscript_41.dll
available on the maptools.org site.  I will do an update this week with
the latest version.

  I have done these tests using the php_mapscript_41.dll on the
maptools.org site (and my own version for the last case).

  If the tests you have done follow in the 3rd catagory, please use the
first 2 ways until the new dll is available. If it is not the case, you
may want to send me directly your map file and a test tab file so I can
  test it.

Later,

Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Thomsen, Bo Victor wrote:
>

>> I'll think there is a bug in the php_mapscript_41.dll regarding the
>> use of
>> tab files. I've have an MapScript application using tab-files and defined
>> with with full pathnames in the map-file. The environment is win2k and
>> using
>> the ms4w ver. 0.7 setup. The application works perfectly when using the
>> php_mapscript_40.dll. If I change the mapscript-dll from
>> php_mapscript_40.dll to php_mapscript_41.dll I'll get the following
>> error:
>>

> Thanks for confirming this Bo, that's exactly the information I was
> looking for. It must be that there is a problem with Assefa's DLL,
> either in the MapServer build or in the version of GDAL/OGR that he
> uses. He is going to check that.
> (Note that I'm able to load .TAB files using php_mapscript_41 on Linux
> so that rules out the possibility of a MapServer bug.)
>
> Daniel

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca