[Mapserver-users] Run a C program from an HTML page ?

John Rubin RUBINJ at gov.ns.ca
Tue Feb 4 08:16:00 EST 2003

Thank you for your replies.  I did not mean to be to abstract in my question, so here is the situation.
I have 2000 map tiles I wish to query, view and zoom into individually. Each grid has 500 or so polygons that I also query, view and zoom into.

   I currently ask the user for the grid number from a text box.
   I do an itemquery for the grid number and extract the shpext and the grid's name from
  a layer.
   I zoomin into the grid and activate the grid layer using mapserver.
   The user may then input a polygon number for the selected grid.
   I do an itemquery for the polygon number and extract the shpext from the grid layer.
   I zoomin into the polygon and activate the grid layer using mapserver.

All of this is accomplished using javascript, mapserver and mapimage.

What I was hoping to do is use one template file for the query and change the name and data information to reflect the users grid selection.

I would also like to use one grid layer in the main map file and change the name and data information based on the users selection.

I hope the is a little clearer.

Thanks

John Rubin
Telephone:   902-893-5712