[Mapserver-users] Help for extend

christian.schuster at rsag.ch christian.schuster at rsag.ch
Thu Feb 6 10:17:11 EST 2003

Hi list,

I am pretty new with all the geo stuff. I am working on a Win2000 system
with Cygwin, PostgreSQL-7.3.1-1, PostGIS-0.7.3 and MapServer 3.6.3. I was
able to build and MapServer with PostGIS support which I will need for my
project. What I do not really understand is the "Spatial reference system.
I know it sounds silly but the only thing I understood is that the 4
numbers define a rectangle. But what is the mesurement of these 4 numbers?
Is there a referenc point or something like this. I tried now severla days
to understand this. But I am stock. I was also researching on the net. But
mostly I found sites about "National spatial reference system". So if
anyone knows a good site or has good documentation I would appreciate to
know them.

Regards,

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG