[Mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver Compilation on Win 32

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Fri Feb 7 20:26:29 EST 2003

--=======5BAC412B=======

At 03:04 PM 2/7/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi:
>I got your email of the mapserver archives and noticed that you were helping
>someone to
>get their mapserver compilation going.
>
>I am trying to compile mapserver on win32 and am getting the following
>errors.,
>
>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.
>
>LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) : error LNK2005: __dosmaperr already defined in
>LIBC.lib(
>dosmap.obj)
>LIBCMT.lib(tolower.obj) : error LNK2005: __tolower already defined in
>LIBC.lib(t
>olower.obj)
>LIBCMT.lib(tolower.obj) : error LNK2005: _tolower already defined in
>LIBC.lib(to
>lower.obj)
>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other
>libs; us
>e /NODEFAULTLIB:library
>mapserv.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols
>found
>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x491'
>Stop.
>
>Any pointers? Also I think I have a corrupted version of regex...will you
>have a working tar or zip of the same?
>
>Thanks,
>Gayathri

I am not an expert on win32 compilation, I just struggle thru it, so don't
take any of this as authoritative advise. From your error messages it looks
like 2 packages are defining the functions with the same name so you need
to get rid of one of them. What is LIBCMT? I don't seem to have it in my
source tree. Can you eliminate it from the make file (comment it out)?

I thought regex came with the mapserver source distribution, maybe not.
Anyway,I posted my copy of regex as "regex-0.12.zip" at
http://www.greenwoodmap.com/mapserver/

Sorry I don't have any more specific advice, but do keep trying. I will
post this reply to the list so that others may comment.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
(307) 733-0203
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com