[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 3.6.3 - Compile errors

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Feb 8 18:13:20 EST 2003

Jose Mendez wrote:

> SO EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE BUT WHEN I RUN 'make' IT
> STOPS ON AN ERROR:
>
> >> make
>
> gcc -c -O2  -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA  -DUSE_EPPL
> -DUSE_PROJ -DUSE_PROJ_API_H -DUSE_WMS    -DUSE_JPEG
> -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD\
> _JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT     -DUSE_POSTGIS
> -I/usr/include           -I/usr/local/pgsql/include
> maptemplate.c -o ma\
> ptemplate.o
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system
> directory "/usr/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a
> non-system directory
> In file included from map.h:32,
>                  from maptemplate.h:8,
>                  from maptemplate.c:3:
> mapproject.h:13:26: proj_api.h: No such file or
> directory

Seems that the compiler can't find proj_api.h.  Try adding
--with-proj=/usr/local to your configure options, this will force adding
-I/usr/local/include to your compile flags and should make the compiler
happy. (This is assuming that you installed PROJ in the default
/usr/local/... path of course.)

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca