[Mapserver-users] Digitizing maps

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Mon Feb 17 15:18:01 EST 2003

Paul...

You would typically set your reference points before you start digitizing...
by selecting certain parts of the image (off of which you are digitizing)
and setting those to some known coordinate. This really has nothing to do
with the 'projection object' in your other mapfile... it's simply a means of
locating your data in any coordinate system.

I'm copying the list on this since others might have some suggestions for
you. You are really in the realm of data creation... not really MapServer
per se. I use commercial GIS packages to do these types of things, but other
folks on the list might have some suggestions.

Chip