[Mapserver-users] Can't seem to get the projection correct

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue Feb 18 12:41:13 EST 2003

--=======45B9D65=======

At 10:51 AM 2/18/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Well, perhaps MapInfo is lying to me, but it says the projection I am after
>*is* latlong.  It says:  "Latitude/Longitude (NAD 27 for the Continental
>US)"

Did you get that from MapInfo > Table > Maintenance > Projection? Or from
MapInfo > Map > Options > Projection? The first method will tell you what
that specific table's projection is, but in the second case, MapInfo may
"lie" to you because it reprojects tables to the projection of the current
map window.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.