[Mapserver-users] PHP 4.3.0 security issues

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 21 08:18:18 EST 2003

Thorsten, the bug is in PHP 4.3.0 and is fixed in PHP 4.3.1, this was
mentioned by Daniel Morissette on 17 Feb

(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0302/msg00420.html)

And please be aware that there is a bug in PHP 4.3.0 and PHP 4.3.1 that
appears to corrupt the value of PHP_SELF.  A great many applications
rely on this value so upgrading to PHP 4.3.0 or PHP 4.3.1 will likely
break your application.  There has been at least one suggestion of a
work-around for this problem on the mailing list.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0302/msg00540.html

And I believe that the bug is fixed in the latest CVS version of PHP as
per http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21261

Cheers,

Paul

--