[Mapserver-users] *.lyr and *.sym

Eric Hillmuth ehillmuth at digitalmeridian.net
Tue Feb 25 00:32:48 EST 2003

Sven;

 The *.lyr file is one way ArcGIS (the newer versions of ArcInfo and
ArcView) stores layer definitions like color, line weight etc.
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to read these files besides using
ArcGIS products. I think these files are stored in Microsoft's OLE 2
Compound Document format but I'm not sure.

Eric