[Mapserver-users] cygwin vs. windows

Dylan Keon keon at nacse.org
Tue Feb 25 19:58:51 EST 2003

Hi all,

I need to install MapServer on a remote Win2K box.  I'm used to doing
this on Linux, but not other platforms.  Do any of you have comments on
installing on Windows vs. Cygwin?  I read the Wiki howto for installing
on Cygwin, plus a couple of posts.  It doesn't look particularly easy,
especially if I want to use PHP MapScript.

Do the precompiled PHP-MapServer Windows binaries at DM Solutions also
contain GDAL or any other goodies?

There is someone at the remote site who can help with the installation,
but it would be better if I could log in remotely.  I assume Cygwin
supports ssh, so that would be a plus.  Any way to do a secure remote
login to a Windows box, maybe VNC tunneled through SSH or something?

Thanks,
Dylan