[Mapserver-users] RH 7.3 & PHP 4.3.1 with regex enabled issue - Mapserver configure

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Feb 26 03:39:03 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 19:35, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> > "Phillip C. Roberts" wrote:
> >
> > I am building a system with RH 7.3, Apache 2.0 and PHP 4.3.1.  I have,
> > in compiling my PHP, used --with-regex=system.  But, when I compile
> > mapserver I continue to get the regex error.....
> >
> > Here is the output:
> >
> > checking for location of config.h or php_config.h...
> > /usr/include/php/main/php_config.h
> > checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
> > checking whether we should use PHP's regex... yes
>
> I would suggest that you first make sure that the file
> /usr/include/php/main/php_config.h does correspond to the PHP that you
> are trying to compile against.
>
> Also make sure that your PHP is compiled as a CGI, i.e. you should not
> include the --with-apxs configure option when you configure your PHP.
> For the full story on this, see:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0302/msg00194.html

In addition to what Daniel mailed:
Fastest check: phpinfo. It should say something like:
Regex Library				System library enabled
If not, well, that seems clear...:-) PHP doesn't use the right regex and
mapserver is right.
If if has this sentence, check whether mapserver is really compiled against
this version of php (eg do *not* install a php apache module after the php
cgi and before compiling mapserver... It changes the include and config files
of php, and mapserver will not build.