[Mapserver-users] Installing Python-MapScript (once again)

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Feb 27 03:03:38 EST 2003

Hi Björn,

you should check the MapScript Python Wiki, there is an improved version of
setup.py. But there are some caveeats. This setup.py assumes that you are
going to swig the mapscript interface file on your own. This would mean you
need swig installed. Depending on the swig version you use the options passed
to swig may differ slightly from the options used in this setup file. Get
information here:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PythonMapScript

HTH, Michael

Björn Platzen schrieb:

> Hello list,
>
> I've been searching the mail-archive and found that there is a setup.py
> written by Norman Vine.
> But this setup-script seems to be for MS 3.5 and it doesn't work with MS
> 3.6.4.
> I always get the following error:
>
> mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_raise_ms_exception':
> mapscript_wrap.c:706: `ms_error' undeclared (first use in this function)
> mapscript_wrap.c:706: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> mapscript_wrap.c:706: for each function it appears in.)
>
> does anyone have a setup-script that works with 3.6.4 or is there anyone
> who can tell me, what is to change in the 3.5-setup-script?
>
> The setup.py is attached.
>
> Any help would be great!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bjoern
> --
> small office solutions
> info at sosnetz.de  -  http://www.sosnetz.de

>                Name: setup.py
>    setup.py    Type: text/x-python
>            Encoding: 7bit

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de