[Mapserver-users] problems with ms 3.7

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jan 2 11:12:29 EST 2003

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Stepan Kafka" <stepan.kafka at centrum.cz> 01/02/03 08:19AM >>>
> Hi all,

Hi Stepan,

>   I am testing mapserver 3.7 from 30.12.02 (GD 2.1, GDAL-CVS version,
TTF 2,
> WMS + WFS servers...) on Linux RH 8 machine, but found some
problems:

Good (problems bad), I mean I'm glad someone is testing...

> - wider lines (size > 1) made by "circle" symbol have black thick
> "outlines". This error I found only in RGB/RGBA mode, in PC256
everything is
> OK.

Will have to check on that one. I've tested with GD 2.0 and all but not
much with
RGB output. I imagine a default outline color (-1,-1,-1) is being
interpreted as black/

> - It seems that label MAXSIZE parameter doesn't work with scaled
symbols.
> The labels are zoomed without limits.

Dunno on that one will check...

> - Offset lines (e.g. STYLE OFFSET 5 -99) are drawn once on the one
side of
> the original line, once on the other side. Is this OK? (Using
absolute
> values of dx, dy?)

I think this is ok. Offsets for lines can be used in two ways. One is
to create a straight
copy of the line offset by x and y pixels. The other is to mimic the
behaviour of the old
(pre-3.4) "TYPE STYLED" lines. An offset of 5 -99 should give you only
one line though.
Will look more.

> - The STYLE is very good for complex symbols, but I don't how can I
set e.g.
> width polygon outlines (old OVERLAYOUTLINECOLOR syntax)?

Overlays are just a second style (note that the map file parser still
recognizes OVERLAYCOLOR
and so on). So you'd do something like:

# solid red fill
STYLE
  COLOR 255 0 0
END
 # 2 pixel wide outline
STYLE
  SYMBOL 'circle'
  SIZE 3
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END

> - for WMS and WFS are introduced these paremeters in the mapfile,
e.g:
> WFS_TITLE, WMS_TITLE, WFS_ABSTRACT, WMS_ABSTRACT, WFS_SRS, WMS_SRS. I
expect
> that these pairs have the same content in most cases. Wouldn't be
reasonable
> to use them only once for both services?

I'll let Dan comment on this one...

> Thank you

> Stepan Kafka

Steve