[Mapserver-users] problems with ms 3.7

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jan 2 12:28:42 EST 2003

About the WMS/WFS parameters ...

Actually, it is quite possible to have WMS and WFS using quite different
parameters .... For example, projection and re-projection handling in those
2 specs are different, which creates the requirement of setting the SRS type
parameters differently depending on which protocol you're using.

Also, for abstracts, I can also see the need to have seperate ones, the
description of a WMS and a WFS can be quite different, since they basically
do quite different things really.

I guess MAYBE the title could be unified :) (But for consistency it won't !)

This was implemented in such a way that one could potentially use a given
mapfile to serve both WMS AND WFS, but in such a case, the mapserver
developper really should NOT make any assumptions on how similar or
different you (the service provider) want to make them look. I personally
NEED them to be different for example, simply because the plain english
desciptions are very diffferent, and the projection handling being
different, I need those seperate as well.

My .02$
J.F.