[Mapserver-users] Fastest Data Format

Martin, Daniel DMartin at erac.com
Thu Jan 2 18:45:36 EST 2003

I'm curious, does another GIS product access SDE faster than MapServer?

The reason I ask is that I also experience slower performance using MapInfo
data via OGR.  Certainly I realize MapInfo data isn't nearly as robust as
SDE.  However, MapServer serves the same map quicker than MapInfo's own GUI
application.  I can't ask for much more than that.

-Dan