[Mapserver-users] Off topic a bit: Java GML reader/writer...

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Jan 3 13:44:15 EST 2003

I'm going to suggest the path of most resistance, just cuz I can :)

You could SWIGify GDAL, wrap it in Java, and use it's GML driver ...

Or use Jython, and the python interface to GDAL ?

or you could look to see if the GeoServer has this implemented in a
re-usable way ...

Cheers,
J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lime [mailto:steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 12:51 PM
To: Mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [Mapserver-users] Off topic a bit: Java GML reader/writer...

Hi folks: Does anyone know a java-based GML reader/writer class? I'm
looking to use it to load/save features
for a simple online digitizing applet (see
http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/digitize/java/appletTest.html, requires
java 2 plugin) using WFS. Thanks much...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR