[Mapserver-users] Fastest Data Format

GAIA mapserver at peligroso.gaiaenv.com
Fri Jan 3 14:06:43 EST 2003

Hi Jan,

Great news and thanks for your efforts.

The persistent connection option may or may not be desirable.  On the one hand, the persistent connection would reduce connection initiation overhead, but on the other hand, in an Internet environment we may not want a seat occupied by a web client for any longer than it takes to render a map.  Strictly speaking from an SDE point of view, licenses are limited and we want to return them to the pool as fast as possible to make way for other requests.  From a PostGIS perspective, things might be different.  Probably, Paul is the best person to comment on this (?).

Again, please let us know if we can help in any way (e.g., testing with SDE).

Cheers,
GAIA