[Mapserver-users] Virus reportedly from me

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jan 7 08:17:32 EST 2003

Hi,

I have had a bunch of people kindly alert me to the fact that my
system might be infected by a Klez virus. I have scanned my system
with the latest Norton Antivirus and it can up clean. I do not run
Outlook or any other Microsoft mail clients.

One of the features? of Klez is to fakes the From: address field in
the infected emails that are sent out using valid emails found in
your inbox or address book. You have to look at the header to see
what domain it is originally being sent from that is where the
infected system is. I received an email reportedly from Daniel
Morrisette but the originating host was in France (ie: something.fr).

If anyone finds an infected email with headers indicating it came
from swoodbridge.com, please send me a copy of the headers.

Thank you to the concerned users that have sent me warnings. It is
very frustrating that this virus is masquerading as me.

-Stephen Woodbridge