[Mapserver-users] PROJ command line - lat/long to UTM zone 20

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Jan 8 10:18:17 EST 2003

Debbie -

I'm not quite sure what you think the problem is.  Your two command lines are for two different coordinates (64.5 W and 65 W) so they naturally produce different results.  Lines of constant latitude are curves in the UTM projection, so two points with the same latitude but different longitudes will have different UTM Northing coordinates.  Both of those coordinate projections are giving you the correct results.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.