[Mapserver-users] column index in the dbf file

Zhang, William wzhang at c-cor.net
Mon Jan 13 20:30:12 EST 2003

Hi,

When we use ArcView, we can optimize the performance by opening the
attribute table of the shape file and creating index on the selected column.
Does MapServer have similar mechanism? If yes, could somebody tell me how to
turn on the index? If no, may I get some clues on how to add this function
in the C files? I already build shptrees and tileindexs. But I still like to
add indexes in the dbf files to improve the performance further.

Thanks,

William Zhang

Software Engineer
C-Cor.net