[Mapserver-users] Projections

John McCue jmccue at geovue.com
Tue Jan 14 13:14:24 EST 2003

Thanks Ed!

I didn't change my EXTENT in the map file to use Mass. State Plane
coordinates, so I was getting a blank image.  Since my MAP projection
specified MA state plane, I could no longer use the lon/lat extents.  A
major failing of the SHP file format is that the coordinate system that the
data was created in doesn't exist in the file.  If the coordinate system was
there, people and software would have an easier time with issues like
converting data, and layers overlaying correctly.

Thanks again!
John