[Mapserver-users] mapserver form submit problem with gecko?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Jan 16 04:56:27 EST 2003

Dear list,

i know that this may not be the appropriate forum, but the problem is
related to mapserver:

I have a mapserver html interface with some javascript additions. The
main html-form of this interface has an onSubmit handler, that does some
stuff prior to submitting the form. This works perfectly for IE and
Netsape 4x. But with Netscape 6/7, Mozilla, ie Gecko, when using the
image to submit the form the onSubmit handler seems to "forget" to
submit the pixel-coordinate values (img.x, img.y) of the clicked map.

Has anybody experienced a similar behaviour and found a solution?

I've a put two simple html-pages to test the problem on our website, if
you have a minute drop by and test it with NS 6/7 or Mozilla and NS 4x
or IE:
1) form with onSubmit:
http://www.zopecms.de/zopecms/WebGIS/mapserver/test.html
2) form without onSubmit :
http://www.zopecms.de/zopecms/WebGIS/mapserver/test_wo.html

Thanks, Michael

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de