[Mapserver-users] RE: mapserver/PostGIS on Macos X

Puneet Kishor pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Mon Jan 20 10:13:02 EST 2003

Bill,

Here is the state of my explorations --

I have always been able to build all the Mapserver versions I have tried
(3.4 through 3.6.4) with Perl/Mapscript support.

I have never been able to run PHP/Mapscript successfully. For the longest
time the problem was with PHP on MacOS X -- dynamically loaded libraries
were not possible. Now, with PHP 4.3.0 on, dls are possible, but I am unable
to build PHP/Mapscript (see error messages below at the end of this
message).

I have never had any problem with MySQL and Perl:DBD:mysql, so I am a happy
camper as far as that goes.

I have had no problems with PgSQL itself, but have not built PostGIS.

To others on this mailing list and using MacOS X -- if you are interested, I
would propose our own mailing list (not really a hosted mailing list, but
just a bunch of email addresses we can cc our emails to sharing our
experiences with Mapserver on MacOS X). Eventually, I would like to see a
binary build of Mapserver in the form of a double-clickable package. If
interested, please drop me an email.

Thanks.

details:
gcc 2.95 on OS X 10.2.3 with the latest devtools and Perl 5.6.0
PHP 4.3.0 built as CGI
	--with-xml
	--with-zlib
	--with-mysql
	--with-gd
	--with-png
	--with-jpeg
	--with-xml
	--enable-wddx
	--enable-dbase
	--with-regex=system

Mapserver build log:

-I/Users/pkishor/Projects/mapserver/php-4.3.0/TSRM -c -o
mapscript_i.o mapscript_i.c
/Users/pkishor/Projects/mapserver/mapserver-3.6.4/maptemplate.h:16:
warning: `inchesPerUnit' defined but not used
cc: -flat_namespace: linker input file unused since linking not done
cc: -flat_namespace: linker input file unused since linking not done
cc -o php_mapscript.so php_mapscript_util.o php_mapscript.o
mapscript_i.o -L/Users/pkishor/Projects/mapserver/mapserver-3.6.4
-lmap -ljpeg -L/usr/local/lib -lpng -lz
-L/Users/pkishor/Projects/mapserver/mapserver-3.6.4/../gd-1.8.4 -lgd
-ljpeg -L/usr/local/lib -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
__convert_to_string
__efree