[Mapserver-users] Odd Error

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Tue Jan 21 13:53:52 EST 2003

I've experienced this with some datasets before... you most likely have some
bad shapes in the dataset. There is a 'clean' utility that ships with the
new version of ArcGIS, if you have access to that.

It is under "<INSTALL LOCATION>\arcgis\arcexe82\ArcObjects Developer
Kit\Samples\Utilities\CleanShapefile\CleanShapefile.exe"

Chip Hankley

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Berry [mailto:jeffb at erlandsen.com]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 3:11 PM
To: MapServer
Subject: [Mapserver-users] Odd Error

I have a lakes polygon layer that draws just fine at large scales.  However,
if I zoom out to the entire extent of the dataset I get the following error:

Warning: MapServer Error in msDrawShape(): Only polygon shapes can be drawn
using a POLYGON layer definition.

This happens with a couple other polygon layers as well, when I zoom out to
a point where a lot of polygon features are displayed in the current extent.

What is causing this?