[Mapserver-users] How to Draw Annotation Layer Last

Dan Barron dbarron at ddive.com
Tue Jan 21 13:22:31 EST 2003

--=====================_923578==.ALT

Ed,

Thanks for the reply.  I have and had tried moving the layer definition to=
=20
the beginning and the end of the map file with the same results.  I had=20
figured it to be more php/mapscript related issue, though when I draw the=20
layer last in php/mapscript I also have the same result - the annotation=20
layer is drawn under the other layers.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

At 12:04 PM 1/21/2003 -0500, Ed McNierney wrote:
>Dan -
>
>MapServer draws all layers in order in the mapfile from bottom to top -=20
>that is, each layer in turn is drawn on top of all preceding layers.  Put=
=20
>your annotation layer as the last layer in the file.
>
>     - Ed
>
>Ed McNierney
>President and Chief Mapmaker
>TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
>73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
>North Chelmsford, MA  01863
>ed at topozone.com
>(978) 251-4242

--=====================_923578==.ALT

Ed,<br><br>
Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; I have and had tried moving the layer
definition to the beginning and the end of the map file with the same
results.&nbsp; I had figured it to be more php/mapscript related issue,
though when I draw the layer last in php/mapscript I also have the same
result - the annotation layer is drawn under the other layers.&nbsp; Any
other ideas?<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
Dan<br><br>
At 12:04 PM 1/21/2003 -0500, Ed McNierney wrote:<br>
r=3D"#0000FF">Dan
-</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
order in the mapfile from bottom to top - that is, each layer in turn is
drawn on top of all preceding layers.&nbsp; Put your annotation layer as
the last layer in the file.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <font face=3D"arial" size=3D2 color=3D"#0000FF">-
President and Chief Mapmaker<br>
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.<br>
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305<br>
North Chelmsford, MA&nbsp; 01863<br>
ed at topozone.com<br>
(978) 251-4242 <br>
<dl>

<dd>From:</b> Dan Barron
[<a href=3D"mailto:dbarron at ddive.com"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">mailto:dbarron at ddive.com</a>]<br>

<dd>Subject:</b> [Mapserver-users] How to Draw Annotation Layer
Last<br><br>

<dd>I have searched through the archives w/o much luck on determining
what I am doing wrong.&nbsp; <br><br>

<dd>I am using MapServer v3.5 and am trying to draw an annotation layer
so it is always the last layer to be drawn and shows on top of all other
layers.&nbsp; Right now it is always drawn under my other layers and is
not seen.&nbsp; I also use PHP/Mapscript to create the maps and have
tried to force this layer to be drawn last, w/o success.&nbsp; Can anyone
clue me in on the method to ensure this layer is always draw last, either
via the map file only or via php/mapscript?&nbsp; Below is the map file
entry for the layer and the php/mapscript snippet.<br><br>

<dd>LAYER<br>

<dd>&nbsp;NAME 'credits'<br>

<dd>&nbsp;STATUS ON<br>

<dd>&nbsp;TRANSFORM false<br>

<dd>&nbsp;TYPE annotation<br>

<dd>&nbsp;FEATURE<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp; POINTS 5 10 END<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp; TEXT '=A9
nationdive.com'
</a> <br>

<dd>&nbsp;END<br>

<dd>&nbsp;CLASS<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp; LABEL<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; TYPE truetype<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FONT verdana<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SIZE 8<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ANTIALIAS true<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; COLOR 0 0 0 <br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; POSITION UR<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp; END<br>

<dd>&nbsp;END<br>

<dd>// ~~~ DRAW Credits Layers ~~~<br>

<dd>$creditsLayer =3D $map-&gt;getLayerByName( 'credits' );<br>

<dd>$creditsLayer-&gt;set( 'status', MS_ON );<br>

<dd>// ~~~ DRAW the PNG files for map, scalebar, and reference map
~~~<br>

<dd>Dan Barron<br>
</b>
<dd>Principal / Founder<br>

<dd>Destination Software LLC - developers of Destination DIVE&quot;<br>
</b>
</u></font>
<dd><a href=3D"http://www.destinationdive.com/"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://</a><a href=3D"http://www.destinationdive.com/"=