[Mapserver-users] QueryByAttributes - Search Parcels By Owner Name

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jan 24 10:15:04 EST 2003

Jeff Berry wrote:

> Also, I have a question about how QueryByAttribute actually works.  In the
> examples I've found in the list archive, the only thing being used is
> 'setfilter'.  Is that filter value being searched for in all columns of the
> table? Is it possible to specify one column for it to search in?

Using only setFilter() is enough only when you are using a logical
expression (e.g. ([FIELDNAME] > 10) ) but in order to use constant
expressions like you do (or regex expressions) then you have to set
'filteritem' to the name of the field that the expression applies to.

  $layer->set("filteritem", "FIELDNAME");

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca