[Mapserver-users] MySQL

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jan 27 13:14:34 EST 2003

Lukewarm is the wrong word. My only concern was that there was other
MySQL
work going on, but that was never confirmed. Given the hectic state of
development
Attila's MySQL code still sits in my mailbox awaiting review. I was
under the impression
it was spatial in nature or use of a connection as oposed to a join
wouldn't make
much sense.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

On Monday 27 January 2003 09:34, Mladen Kotarac wrote:
> Any comments on MySQL implementation of opengis standards?
> Any thoughts of Mapserver / Mapscript support for MySQL?

When the postgis implementation on mysql will be available (not sure if
that
will be in 4.1) it will most probably be supported with mysql, so I was
told.
I personally have already written a non-spatial mysql connectiontype
interface, but that got a lukewarm reception from the developers.

Regards,
Attila