[Mapserver-users] FAQ Question

Sam Gooding samgoody at softhome.net
Mon Jan 27 16:18:44 EST 2003

Hello again!

Just wanted to send out some thanks first of all for the quick and
timely response that I got on my last question.  Mapserver WorkBench
looks like a great tool.

I had another question that I was hoping someone might have an idea
on.  I checked the FAQ on this issue, and it is listed:

"My WMS server produces the error "msProcessProjection(): no system
list, errno: .."
	(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/mdp-howto-template.html#d45e407)

The response says that the "epsg" projection definition file file
must be installed and be in the right location,
'/usr/local/share/proj/'.  I do not have root access however, and so
I installed PROJ4 to a directory in my home directory
(/home/sgoody/install).

What I would like to know is, is there any way for me to fix this
issue without having my administrator configure and compile mapserv
for me?

Thanks again!