[Mapserver-users] Mapserver type definition

Alessandro Ceccotti alessandro.ceccotti at netxcalibur.com
Thu Jan 30 04:01:26 EST 2003

I've a problem using mapserver with postgresql/postgis.
I've a .shp file inserted in a postgres/postgis db.
I know that the type in postgres is "multilinestring".
What is the correct type I've to specify in my .map file?
I've tried to use polygon, but the result is a blank page.
Using "line" or "point" type the result is a white image with only a black
pixel in it.
I'm sure to have specified the correct "extention" (I had it from the tool
shpdump)
Any ideas?
Thanks ,
Alessandro