[Mapserver-users] Layer Problem

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 3 08:51:23 EDT 2003

no idea.  theoretically, this value causes mapserver to pre-allocate
sufficient storage for the defined number of layers.  Changing this
number should change the memory footprint of the executable.  I am
guessing that the actual data structures are not that large, so you
should be able to create thousands of layers if you need to, but it will
depend on how much memory you have available for a given process.  I'm
not sure, but there may be a memory limit imposed by Apache on cgis?

I'd suggest that you rebuild with the number you have in mind plus a
decent buffer and try it :)

Cheers,

Paul