[Mapserver-users] Layer Problem

James Anderson james at danisat.net
Thu Jul 3 09:59:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am having issues with the compilation.

I changed the MS_MAXLAYERS define from 100 to 500 in map.h

I then did a

./configure  --with-gd --with-proj --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --
with-ogr

which seemed to work

then I did a make

which also seems to work

If I understand correctly, it would now have made the mapserv executable
file in the current directory with the source, and it seems to be doing this
as the mapserv file gets the current date and time.  The problem is that
when I compare the file to the previously built executabe, they are byte
identical.  Also it does not seem to be accepting more layers.  So have I
changed the value in the right place, am I compiling it correctly ?   I also
have copied the new exe to the cgi-bin where I call it from, but it does not
really matter, because as I said, they seem to be byte identical.   You have
any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong ?   The main issue is it still has
the too many layer error.

Regards,

James.