[Mapserver-users] polygon lable problem

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 9 00:43:12 EDT 2003

Can you share the data? Concave layers are generally not a problem.
Polygon labeling uses a technique similar to scanline conversion used to
compute label points so label points are gauranteed to be "in" the
polygon. Could be an issue with clipping, or perhaps the label cache
(you could test that by setting LABELCACHE OFF), but there's no way to
know without the  data and an extent that shows the problem.

I'll be out until the 14th but will look at it then. BTW What version
are you using?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Aaron D. Hunt" <hunt at zedxinc.com> 07/08/03 11:37 AM >>>
There is a label item but I am overriding the with a TEXT Cool/Wet in
the class. This is not the first time I have had this problem with
labeling.