[Mapserver-users] polygon lable problem

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Jul 9 04:05:34 EDT 2003

Aaron,

I once had the same symptoms so maybe the same problem, which I solved by
slighly modifying the source code of mapserver. I asked the developers to add
this to cvs because it really seemed to improve labeling, but I don't know if
they'd done it, and if not, why. Maybe I should file a bug/feature request on
this? If one of the developers (Steve, you once mailed that you would check
the patch) reads this, could you be so kind to answer this?

The proposed patch is in a mail thread of the mapserver-dev list. Search the
archives of this list for the subject "label centroid alog". You will find
the patch there, it's quite simple, just a few lines to change. You could do
it by hand, just remove the lines that start with a minus sign and add the
lines with a plus sign :-). Or use 'patch'.
For me this change was magick: at once all my labels appeared. Hope it does
the trick for you too.

Cheers,
Vincent.