[Mapserver-users] preprocessing 24bit Rasterdata

Christina Biakowski CCGIS christina.biakowski at ccgis.de
Wed Jul 9 04:17:46 EDT 2003

Hello,
since I am still using Mapserver 3.6, I have to convert my rasterdata (24bit
orthophotos, TIFF) into 8bit.
Does any of the GDAL-utilities supply this convert-function? I am not very
familiar with image-formats and properties and searching the gdal-site and
the mailing-archive did not help to answer my question.
Or which other tool I could use alternatively to convert my images? (in a
batch-process, because I have quite a lot images to convert. The image
processing program I am using does not support the conversion in a batch.)
Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Christina