[Mapserver-users] Error message getting eaten in 4.0?

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Thu Jul 10 12:51:52 EDT 2003

I've had several people ask me about getting an error like:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'test'.

I've traced back through the code, and I've verified that I'm
(mappostgis.c) calling msSetError(..), then returning MS_FAILURE. But, I
still get this error message.

This is causing no end of confusion for the postgis connection users.
The error messages it tries to give would be extreamly helpful to people
with problems.

Whats up?

dave