[Mapserver-users] MapServer 4.0 beta2

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 11 13:16:27 EDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I have tagged a MapServer 4.0 beta2 version a few minutes ago
(rel-4-0-0-beta2 in CVS).  There are very few important issues to be
resolved before a formal 4.0 release, so unless important problems are
reported with this version then we should be very close to a 4.0
release.

Steve being away for a few days, the UMN site won't be updated with the
4.0-beta2 source until he is back, but I placed a copy you can download
at:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/mapserver-4.0-beta2-src.tar.gz

Windows binaries should be available at the same location shortly.

I would invite all those who have been following the 3.7/4.0 development
to give it a try and report any new issue via bugzilla.

BTW, a few notes to people reporting bugs in bugzilla:

- Please test against the latest version of MapServer when reporting
  a new bug to make sure the problem is not already fixed.
- Try to include a simple reproduceable test case in your bug, without
  an easy way to reproduce the bug then we cannot help.
- Make sure you include details about the version of MapServer and
  the environment in which you're running (OS, PHP version, etc)

Best Regards,

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca