[Mapserver-users] Re: Want to respond to user clicks

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Mon Jul 14 17:45:27 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, Syokim at a... wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am building a map that responds to user clicks by returning a
list of
> landmarks closest to the location that the user clicks.  Do I use a
script to do
> this?  Is there a preferred script language for this?  Is there any
> documentation that details what script languages have what
capabilities with mapserver?
>  Or are they all pretty much equivalent?

dangerous question to ask... likely to start a religious war.

The best scripting language is the one you know. The second best
scripting language starts with "P".

By the way, although I haven't done it, I believe you can do what you
want with a pure CGI application as well... no "scripting" in the
traditional sense, but you will be using a "Very High Level Language"
no matter what.